City & County Park Rules*
- No Alcohol
- No Dogs
- No Smoking
- No Open Fires
- No Parking on the grass. Parking allowed in Marked Stalls only.
- No Staking of Tents. Sand bags and weights are permitted
*Failure to adhere to Park Rules will be cause for team disqualification
Tournament Format: Round robin pool-play format with Single Elimination Playoffs.
Roster: Players that start a game, must finish that game unless they are injured.
If a player leaves due to injury, he/she is finished for that match.
Scoring: All games will be played using rally scoring
- 2 straight sets to 21 (capped) in pools of 4 teams
- 1 set to 30 (capped) in pools of 5 teams (Women’s B)
- 3 set to 21 (capped) in pools of 3 teams (Men’s Open has one of these)
- Women’s Open has total of 6 teams – 2 pools of 3. They will play 2 sets to 21 (capped) against the teams in their pool, and then a cross-over match with 2 sets to 21 (capped)
Seeding for Playoffs: Based on total sets won in pool play round, then by point differential.
- Girls Youth: One (1) set to 21 (win by 2, no cap)
- Men’s B: One (1) set to 21 (win by 2, no cap)
- Men’s Open, Women’s Open, Women’s B: Best of 3, the first two sets to 21 (win by 2, no cap) and the third to 15 (win by 2, no cap).
- ALL “Play-In” matches (all divisions): One (1) set to 21 (win by 2, no cap)
*Format may change to speed up the progression of the tournament
Tips: No open hand tips.
Double Contact: Players may double contact any first ball over (including serves) provided the ball is not held.
Center Line: Call if crossing interfere with the play (same as beach)
Let Serves: Let Serves are legal.
Blocking: A block is not counted as a team hit.
Foot Digs: Foot Digs are legal.
Setting Over: When the ball is set into the opponents court, the setters shoulders must be “Squared Up” or Perpendicular to the line of flight of the ball.
Time Outs: Each team is allowed two 30 second timeouts per game. Time out may be called prior to server receiving ball on either side of court between plays.
Side Changes: Teams should switch sides of the court after every 7 points in games to 21 or more, and every 5 points for games to 15.
Footwear: Players may not wear cleats or spikes of any kind. Players may play barefoot.
Forfeit Rule: A 10 minute forfeit rule is in effect.